Porcelain veneers are thin, porcelain, and custom-fitted shells that are used to cover discoloured, chipped, crooked, worn down, misaligned, or abnormally spaced teeth. Porcelain veneers are a popular and durable cosmetic dental fix that results in a more beautiful smile with a natural finish.
Veneers are less intrusive than braces or crowns and, in addition to improving dental aesthetics, they also provide strength and resilience to the teeth. Getting porcelain veneers as a cosmetic dental fix is a big decision; porcelain veneers are a costly and irreversible treatment that will also require replacement after at least 10 years, or a maximum of 20. If you’re considering getting porcelain veneers in Melbourne, our dentists at BlueSpa Dental will give you all the information you need to help you decide if they are the best option for you.
Porcelain Veneers Melbourne Benefits
Porcelain veneers are best suited for fixing issues such as:
Discoloured teeth Other benefits include:
Can Everyone Get Porcelain Veneer Treatment?
Generally, patients considering porcelain veneers must have healthy gums and teeth in order to receive this cosmetic treatment. People with conditions like tooth decay, gum disease, and root canal infections do not qualify for this treatment. However, once these issues have been successfully treated, our dentists can plan and implement the veneers procedure. A comprehensive dental evaluation at our clinic is necessary before our dentists can properly recommend this treatment.
Placement of Porcelain Veneers
The entire process of placing porcelain veneers usually requires two or three appointments.
- First appointment. Your BlueSpa dentist will give you a thorough dental examination to assess if you are suited for veneers. In addition to discussing with you what to expect during the examination, your dentist will also find out what your goals are and the results you desire so that they can design the appropriate treatment plan. The examination often requires x-rays, photographs, and dental impressions.
- Second appointment. Your dentist will first clean your teeth to determine your veneer’s correct shade. They will then proceed with the removal of a thin layer of enamel from the front surface of your teeth to make room for your porcelain veneer. An impression of all the teeth that will be treated with veneers will then be taken so that the laboratory can manufacture the correct veneer sizes for each tooth. Temporary veneers are often fitted prior to placement of the permanent ones.
- Third appointment.
- Once we receive your porcelain veneers from the laboratory, your dentist will remove the temporary veneers and clean your teeth with pumice and water.
- Your dentist will also check your porcelain veneers to make sure that they fit perfectly and will not cause any misalignment problems or biting difficulties. If necessary, they will trim your veneers to achieve the perfect fit. They will also check if you are the correct shade.
- The veneers are etched, rinsed with water, and air dried. Your dentist will then apply a special acid gel to your teeth to create a rough surface for stronger adhesion with the veneers.
- Your dentist will apply dental cement on the back of each veneer, and position them onto the tooth. The dental cement is also prepared in such a way as to achieve the correct shade for your veneers. Your dentist will use a special light to help harden the cement – this usually takes a few minutes for each tooth.
- Finally, your dentist will remove any excess material and polish the edges of each veneer for a smooth finish.
Veneers are custom-made to perfectly match the contour of your teeth. They are considered a permanent cosmetic fix and last an average of 15 years, after which they’ll need to be replaced.
How Porcelain Veneers are Made
BlueSpa Dental’s porcelain veneers are made by specialists, called ceramists. The advanced technology and high quality materials used in making porcelain veneers in Melbourne, and our ceramists’ level of skill and experience ensure that our porcelain veneers are of the finest quality.
BLUE SPA DENTAL SERVICES
For all your General Dentistry needs.. Contact Blue Spa Dental today for an appointment on
Porcelain Veneers Melbourne After Treatment Care
Your BlueSpa Dental dentist will schedule a follow-up appointment to make sure that your veneers are properly fitted and not causing any problems. Veneers must be treated like natural teeth. Good oral hygiene and dental care are important to protect and prolong the life of porcelain veneers, and prevent dental problems, which can still occur when oral health is neglected.